Dear Aunt Dot’s Place Volunteers,
We are incredibly grateful for your support in nourishing our neighbors in need. Thank you for being a catalyst in our community to fight food insecurity. Last month a total of 171 households, this would not be possible without you!
- Monthly Board meetings occur on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 7 pm-8:30 pm. All are welcome to attend!
- The Board of Directors has 1 vacancy. If you’re interested in using your skills to support Aunt Dot’s Place please let us know by emailing AuntDotsPlace@gmail.com. Meetings are on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 7 pm-8:30 pm.
Mask Update: *SAME AS LAST MONTH* Masks must continue to be worn during open shop hours (Tuesday 6 pm-7:30 pm, Thursday 9 am-11 am, and Saturday 10 am-12 pm). If you are at Aunt Dot’s Place for other purposes other than open shop hours, masks are optional as we are not confined to the smaller areas and move more freely throughout the facility while stocking/sorting/labeling.
Thank you to the following organizations who hosted a food drive or donated meals!
- Essex Alliance Church: 832 lbs
- Grace United Methodist Church: 14 lbs
- Mark B.B.Q.: 265 lbs
- Price Chopper Donation Bin: 376 lbs
- Tuberville: 213 lbs
- Poorhouse Pies: 59 lbs
- Unknown/Anonymous Donations: 467 lbs
- Donations Total: 2,226 lbs
With generous financial support, we were able to purchase a total of $8,587of food totaling 5,331 pounds.
Additionally, we would like to thank the following local stores for their continued donations: Bimbo Bread, Costco, Hannaford, Pepperidge Farm, Trader Joe’s, and West Meadow Bakery.
Carissa A. Gump, OLY, MPA
Aunt Dot’s Place, Board President