We are so thankful for your passion, dedication and support of our neighbors and community members experiencing food insecurities. In addition to signing up to volunteer during open hours, or help with Susan’s Place shopping or Essex Alliance-M25 food donation sorting, there are other ways you can support Aunt Dot’s Place.
Donate food. View our current list of needs on AuntDotsPlace.com
Donate funds. Contribute financially at AuntDotsPlace.com
Host a food drive. Food drives are a great way to raise awareness of the need in our community!
Involve others! Do your neighbors, coworkers, congregants, classmates, friends, and family know about the need in our community? Help us spread the word that it’s easy to get involved and help. Let’s ensure all our neighbors have enough healthy food to eat.
A few important updates to share:
- We are currently looking for an individual to fill the “Assistant Treasurer” position on the Board of Directors. If you or someone you know has bookkeeping experience specifically knowledge of Quickbooks Online, please email us for more information on the position.
Saturday, May 14th Mark BBQ will have 750 racks of ribs for sale and 20% of all profits go to Aunt Dots!
Thank you to the following organizations who hosted a food drive or donated meals!
· Essex Alliance Church: 1158 lbs
· Founders Memorial School: 31 lbs
· Pinewood Manor: 189 lbs
· Essex Pre-School: 122 lbs
· Grace United Methodist Church: 35 lbs
· Poor House Pies: 15 lbs
· Mark B.B.Q.: 106 lbs
· Murray’s Tavern: 61 lbs
· Nest Bakery: 3 lbs
· Saint Michael’s College: 21 lbs
· Tuberville: 200 lbs
· Price Chopper Donation Bin: 531 lbs
· Unknown/Anonymous Donations: 509 lbs
o Donations Total: 2,981 lbs
With generous financial support, we were able to purchase a total of $8,472 of food totaling 6,046 pounds.
Additionally, we would like to thank the following local stores for their continued donations: Bimbo Bread, Costco, Hannaford, Pepperidge Farm, Trader Joe’s, and West Meadow Bakery.
We ask that all volunteers continue to wear their masks while at Aunt Dot’s Place. We will let you know if any changes are made to the current masking requirement.
Thank you dear friends and supporters of Aunt Dot’s Place for caring. We truly appreciate you!
Carissa A. Gump, OLY, MPA
Aunt Dot’s Place, Board President