Dear Aunt Dot’s Place Volunteers,
Inflation is something we are all encountering, whether at the grocery store, at the gas pump, or in restaurants. Food prices have risen 11.4% from August 2021 to August 2022, according to the most recent Consumer Price Index report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Nearly every food item is now more expensive. I am sharing this information for two reasons.
- We are seeing an increase in the number of active households served, and we continue to see new households registering. Your support as volunteers is needed now more than ever as we continue to serve an increasing number of community members.
- We could not operate without your generous support of time and financial contributions. We appreciate you more than you know.
Every week, we are thankful to see new and returning volunteers passionate about serving their community. To show our gratitude for your support, we want to thank our amazing volunteers who helped us get where we are today. We will host a gratitude event for our volunteers on November 9, from 7 pm-8:30 pm at Aunt Dot’s Place serving dessert items from local establishments. Please keep your eye out for an invitation in your inbox for more information and a special invitation!
Mask Update: *SAME AS LAST MONTH* Masks must continue to be worn during open shop hours (Tuesday 6 pm-7:30 pm, Thursday 9 am-11 am, and Saturday 10 am-12 pm). If you are at Aunt Dot’s Place for other purposes other than open shop hours, masks are optional as we are not confined to the smaller areas and move more freely throughout the facility while stocking/sorting/labeling.
- Chapin Orchards: 21 lbs
- Essex Alliance Church: 1131 lbs
- Grace United Methodist Church: 18 lbs
- Lions Club: 50 lbs
- Mark B.B.Q.: 112 lbs
- Murray’s Tavern: 36 lbs
- Poorhouse Pies: 15 lbs
- Price Chopper Donation Bin: 259 lbs
- Tuberville: 139 lbs
- Unknown/Anonymous Donations: 1001 lbs
- Donations Total: 2782 lbs
September 2022 Food Purchased: $10,844
September 2022 Weight of Food Purchased: 6,707 pounds
2022 Calendar Year Amount of Food Purchased: $76,576
2022 Calendar Year Weight of Food Purchased: 53,492 pounds
Number of Active Households served: 189 (previous month 168)
Number of Active Household Members served: 483 (previous month 453)
Additionally, we would like to thank the following local stores for their continued donations: Bimbo Bread, Costco, Hannaford, Mark BBQ, Pepperidge Farm, Poor House Pies, Trader Joe’s, and West Meadow Bakery.
- Monthly Board meetings occur on the 1st Wednesday of the month from 7-8:30 pm. All are welcome to attend! The next meeting will occur on November 2, 2022; we hope you can join us.
As we continue to serve our mission to ensure no one goes hungry, we thank you all for continuing to work alongside us.
Carissa A. Gump, OLY, MPA
Aunt Dot’s Place, Board President